Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Signing on....

Hello to all. This post marks the beginning of a conversation I want to have with the mathematics community both here at Johns Hopkins University and there wherever you are. Primarily, this blog will manifest my thoughts, recommendations, announcements, and rants (occasionally) pertaining to mathematics in general and the department in particular as it impacts the community here at JHU.

I have not decided yet how I want to run this blog, whether I want to allow general posting or restricted, whether I want to keep this as a bulletin board or actually run it as a forum for active discussion. At this point, it is barely even public. We will see what I want to do with it in time. For now, if you have comments about this blog or need to contact me for any other reason, feel free to use my email at the university.

See you in class.

No comments: